2022 Cortland Jr. Fair -Is Happening....July 5-9, 2022 !!
Cortland Jr. Fair Results
Cortland Jr Fair 2022
JULY 5-9TH (Tuesday - Saturday)
Subject: Cortland Jr Fair
- Plan for Poultry
As you know NYS has put on hold Avian exhibits at county
fairs while it has not yet been determined if this will the Cortland
County Jr Fair, as Ag & Markets will be reviewing the decision sometime
this month – we wanted to alert you to the plan we have in place in the case
that poultry are not allowed on the fair grounds.
Poultry plan for Cortland Jr Fair – in the case that poultry
exhibits are not allowed.
- are still eligible for premiums provided youth
fulfill the requirements state below
- must hand in project record
- must create a video that will be shown in the
poultry area of the fair grounds
- Videos are due June 15th
- Minimum 2 minutes – maximum 5 minutes
- Include plenty of video of the bird(s)
- Answer the following questions
- Why did you take part in this project?
- What did you learn from this project?
- Talk about the production/management process:
- How were the birds housed, feed, health
- Talk about the bird:
- name, breed, personality
- Anything else about the project you’d like to
- must send market weights to Dana Wednesday
- Video is what will be used to show your bird to
potential buyers so be sure to show a lot of the birds
- are still expected to compete in showmanship
using stuffed birds
Dana M Havas, Agriculture Team Leader
Cooperative Extension Of Cortland County
Cooperative Extension is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and
Last updated June 2, 2022