The type of campfire that you and your fellow tent campers will enjoy!

The type of campfire that you and your fellow tent campers will enjoy!

Tent Camp - (Sessions 2 thru 5 Only) Fee Per Week $300

We are excited to bring this program to camp! 

This is for camper ages 8 to 16.

Due to many comments and requests last summer, we decided to create a program that emphasizes living not just with nature, but IN nature!

Tent camp is a more rustic, nature oriented program. Campers will have the opportunity to camp in tents for the entirety of the week at a special campsite, and cook 2 meals per day over an open fire. While you will still have the opportunity to participate in camp activities such as recreation, and waterfront. You will have special extended periods where you will explore our many nature trails, practice outdoor cooking skills, and hone your outdoor survival skills under the guidance of our experienced "Tent Camp Special Staff". 

At the end of your day, you will have a special campfire where you and your friends can relax, make "S'mores" and sing campfire songs with one another.

While this special program will emphasis outdoor skills, and tent living, each camper will have access to water, indoor plumbing, and hot showers daily while at Tent Camp.

Of Note:  This program will only have 12 slots per session to make sure that all campers are properly supervised and cared for. There will be a wait list created if filled.

Additional Paperwork is Requested Health History of Campers Attending.

1. Once you have answered the camper Health History on-line while registering your child for summer camp - it is also required to have current Physical Form from your family physician or from School for any camper attending the 2018 summer programs at 4-H Camp Owahta.

PRESCRIPTION AND NON-PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS ~ If it is necessary for your child to receive any medication (prescription or over-the-counter) while at camp, please adhere to the following guidelines:

  1. No medications will be given to campers unless a licensed physician has granted permission to do so on the camper’s Health Form or Physical Form.
  2. The physician must provide clear written instructions regarding the use of prescription medications on both the Health Form and the Physical Form.
  3. Use Camp Owahta Medication Authorization Form (to be signed by the physician) for EPiPen or Inhaler if camper will have the need for dosage given during stay at the camp by the nurse's station.

Sincerely, 4-H Camp Admin.

Last updated February 28, 2018