The SCNY Agriculture Team includes specialists in grazing...
agroforestry and natural resources...
and ornamental horticulture.
SCNY Ag Team
Cornell Cooperative Extension’s South Central NY Agriculture Program serves farmers and rural landowners in Chemung, Cortland, Tioga, Tompkins and Schuyler Counties in New York State.
We work with farm businesses to:
- Improve enterprise viability
- Explore opportunities for new business development
- Support local markets
- Diversify farm enterprises
We support adoption of sustainable farming practices to:
- Produce high quality agricultural products
- Practice proper animal husbandry
- Decrease pest damage
- Improve post-harvest food quality
- Ensure food safety
- Protect the environment
- Conserve energy and natural resources
- Improve farm profitability
The extension works with farmers in several capacities:
- Educational conferences, workshops, meetings, tours and classes
- Facilitating farmer-to-farmer communication
- Research-based publications and fact sheets
- Newsletters, meeting notices, and timely updates
- Personal consulting via phone, email, and in person
- Soil testing and diagnostic services
Last updated January 6, 2016