Required Paperwork for New Employees
I. Contingent Offer/ Background Check Process:
Congratulations on being given a contingent offer to work at Cooperative Extension! In order to complete the offer process, we will need to conduct background checks on you. Please complete and return the following paperwork after you have received a contingent job offer letter from the hiring manager you spoke with. We must receive these forms and complete your screenings before we can send your official offer of employment. Please return the completed forms directly to the HR Representative indicated in your contingent offer letter by regular mail, fax, e-mail or in person at our main office (place in sealed envelope marked confidential and address to HR). Due to confidentiality concerns, these forms should not be returned to your hiring manager.
- Staff Screening Consent Form
- Authorization to Check Driving Record
If you have been offered a position without going through the online
application process (this may occur if you are hired for temporary or casual employment), you will
also need to complete a paper application and Personal Data form to
complete the pre-hire process. These documents are below and should also be turned in to your HR Representative:
CCE Paper Application (required for all applicants who do not apply online)
Once you have passed background screenings, please submit the following form as soon as possible if you did not apply online:
Personal Data and EEO Data Form (required post offer for all new hires who apply using the paper application- provides data needed to enter new employees into electronic systems)
II. New Hire Forms- to complete after official offer letter:
After you receive an Official Offer of Employment letter from Cooperative Extension, please visit the
links below and complete the forms.These forms must be returned TOGETHER AND COMPLETE to your HR
Representative NO LATER than the end of your first day, along with the required forms of
identification for I-9 completion. If
you need paper copies, please contact your HR Representative or come into the
office. Thank you.
- I-9 Form link - https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-9-paper-version.pdf?download=1 (see acceptable id and form instructions on the main website (https://www.uscis.gov/i-9) if needed. Originals of identification MUST be brought to the office on the first day of employment.
- W-4 (Federal Tax Form) and IT-2104 (NY State tax form) - this process should be completed via Workday once you have been entered into our system. If you are unable to access Workday by the end of your first day of employment, you may complete paper copies of the forms by going to: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf (see Instructions if needed) and http://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/it/it2104_fill_in.pdf (see
Instructions if needed)
- Direct Deposit (optional): Instructions Please note that this is an online process that must be done via Workday, rather than using an actual form.
- New York State Retirement (available to all employees, required for all full time staff): Please review Informational slides on NYS Retirement. If not electing, employees must sign a Waiver of Election Form and Survivor Benefit Form (for complimentary life insurance policy provided as part of employment). To elect and assign beneficiaries, complete the Election Form and the SOME OF THESE RETIREMENT FORMS MUST BE NOTARIZED (public notary will be available at the CCE office). Please remember that this is mandatory for all full time employees. If you do not enroll, you will be contacted by benefits services at a later date and will be required to enroll and pay extra payments to catch up!
Last updated July 26, 2017